The Explore Parent Program takes place Friday, August 17, 2018 – Saturday, August 18, 2018.
The Office for International Students & Scholars has not yet finalized the schedule for 2018. Please check this website again later in the summer for more information.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 17, 2018
- Times and locations for these events are still
- Welcome Breakfast for Parents and Families
- University Resources: A Parent’s Perspective
- Hear about the living and learning environment for
undergraduate students at Washington University from
Residential Life staff.
- Staying Connected and Lunch
- A panel of international students talk about their experiences
at Washington University and how they stay connected to their
families from afar. Lunch will be provided.
- Deans’ Meeting for Parents
- Meet the deans of the various divisions of Washington
University and learn the expectations and requirements from
- Campus Tour
- Take a guided tour of Washington University and learn about the
popular locations on campus.
- Parents’ Reception
- Join parents of other international students, WashU staff, and
administration for a cocktail or two; an opportunity to mingle
and know more about WashU.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 18, 2018
- Times and locations for these events are still being finalized.
WE WILL BE WALKING FOR SOME OF TODAY’S ACTIVITIES. PLEASE WEAR
- St. Louis Lunch (Parents & Students)
- Relax over lunch and learn fun facts about St. Louis and
Off Campus Visit for Parents & Students
- Board Buses
- Board buses for an Adventure in St. Louis. Buses leave at
promptly, so do not be late!
- Travel to St. Louis Destination
- Each bus will head to a different St. Louis attraction.
- Dinner on the Loop
- Explore the Loop and dine at a restaurant with friends and/or
family. After dinner, walk or take the MetroBus back to campus.
Each student is responsible for covering the cost of their own
THURSDAY, AUGUST 23, 2018
- 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm: Chancellor’s Reception for New International
Students and Parents
- You are cordially invited to meet the Chancellor and some
University faculty, as well as other new international
students’ parents. Refreshments will be served. This event is
co-sponsored by the Washington University Women’s Society.
If you are still in St. Louis during the student orientation, Bear Beginnings, please feel free to participate in parent orientation events. Bear Beginnings schedules for parents can be found at: