The Explore Parent Program takes place Friday, August 18, 2017 – Saturday, August 19, 2017.
The Office for International Students & Scholars has not yet finalized the schedule for 2017. Please check this website again later in the summer for more information.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 18, 2017
- Times and locations for these events are still being finalized.
- Deans’ Meeting for Parents
- Meet the deans of the various divisions of Washington University and learn the expectations and requirements from each division.
- University Resources: A Parent’s Perspective
- Hear about the living and learning environment for undergraduate students at Washington University from Residential Life staff.
- Staying Connected and Lunch
- A panel of international students talk about their experiences at Washington University and how they stay connected to their families from afar. Lunch will be provided.
- Campus Tour
- Take a guided tour of Washington University and learn about the popular locations on campus.
- Parents’ Reception
- Join parents of other international students, WashU staff, and administration for a cocktail or two; an opportunity to mingle and know more about WashU.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 19, 2017
Times and locations for these events are still being finalized.
WE WILL BE WALKING FOR SOME OF TODAY’S ACTIVITIES. PLEASE WEAR COMFORTABLE SHOES
- St. Louis Lunch (Parents & Students)
- Relax over lunch and learn fun facts about St. Louis and Washington University.
Off Campus Visit for Parents & Students
- Board Buses
- Board buses for an Adventure in St. Louis. Buses leave at promptly, so do not be late!
- Travel to St. Louis Destination
- Each bus will head to a different St. Louis attraction.
- Dinner on the Loop
- Explore the Loop and dine at a restaurant with friends and/or family. After dinner, walk or take the MetroBus back to campus. Each student is responsible for covering the cost of their own meal.
THURSDAY, AUGUST 24, 2017
- 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm: Chancellor’s Reception for New International Students and Parents
- You are cordially invited to meet the Chancellor and some University faculty, as well as other new international students’ parents. Refreshments will be served. This event is co-sponsored by the Washington University Women’s Society.
If you are still in St. Louis during the student orientation, Bear Beginnings, please fee free to participate in parent orientation events. Bear Beginnings schedules for parents can be found at: